Why work for Martin Grant Homes?
We pride ourselves on building high quality homes for our Customers and also for being an employer that offers exciting new opportunities to our staff. Training and ongoing support are provided at Martin Grant Homes for all of our employees and our diverse range of projects, coupled with our extensive Land bank, means that we have an exciting future ahead for everyone involved in the business.
Graduate Trainee Surveyor / Planner in Property Development
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Martin Grant Homes has an extensive and exciting portfolio of sites that we are promoting for major residential-led strategic developments across the south-east region.
We have a new opportunity for a graduate or someone recently qualified to join our Land Team based in Surrey. The role will be challenging, requiring the candidate to be enthusiastic and passionate about learning and contributing to the wide variety of work undertaken by the team in the areas of land and planning. Applicants will need to be educated to degree level (preferably accredited by the RICS or RTPI). Opportunities will be provided to complete the RICS or RTPI APC process leading to full qualification.
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and review of potential residential development opportunities through assessment and research.
- Preparation of planning reports on potential new sites.
- Instructing and managing professional consultancy teams and coordinating technical work.
- Monitoring development plans.
- Attending project meetings, consultation events, exhibitions, and committee meetings.
- Assisting with the promotion of potential development sites.
- Assisting with the making of representations to development plans and attending public Examinations.
- Managing and coordinating the preparation of planning applications and appeals and attendance at Inquiries.
- Preparing and measuring plans.
- Obtaining fee quotes and managing site promotion budgets.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual departmental budgets.
- Managing the process of securing regular planning updates from our consultants to keep landowners fully updated.
- Assisting with land and planning management matters arising from previously developed sites and sites within our land portfolio.
- Reviewing and inputting to legal documentation (for example Option and S106 Agreements) and liaising with lawyers.
- Corresponding and liaising with landowners, agents, council officers, councillors, statutory bodies, and various other organisations.
- Managing internal management spreadsheets, schedules, and records.
- Assisting with the preparation of bids on potential new sites investment opportunities.
- Assisting with the preparation of development appraisals, site viabilities and market analyses.
- Assisting with the acquisition and disposal of a variety of development/investment opportunities
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE